Operators are responsible for safely operating all packaging equipment on our production line as well as our coffee roasting operations. Operators are responsible for properly documenting all production activities, meeting production deadlines, and fulfilling warehouse duties as assigned. This position must follow all food safety standards and company standard operating procedures.
- Food processing or packaging experience is a requirement.
- Knowledge of food safety, GMP, BRC workplace safety, and food quality standards is strongly preferred.
- Self-directed and personally motivated.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while focusing on meeting or exceeding Plant Director expectations and daily packaging goals.
- Good team player able to work well with others and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Excellent attendance and performance track record.
- Performs one or more filling & packaging line functions such as filling, labeling, glass stager, box stager, box stacker, stacker, case taper, cleaning/sanitizing, and/or other duties as assigned by Plant Director.
- Maintains packaging lines, including starting and stopping of equipment.
- Performs basic preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on equipment as needed.
- Maintains quality requirements in accordance with company standards. Responsible for reporting all quality defects or issues/concerns.
- Picks orders, repacks, and ships product as needed in a warehouse capacity.
- Ensures that all packaging equipment, packaging areas, and warehouse areas are 100% clean and sanitary, ready for the following day’s or shift’s production.
- Performs product inspections.
- Adheres to and ensures operator compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures and maintains conformity with Quality, Safety and Inventory Management policies.
- Operates forklift in safe and efficient manner.
- Handles chemicals according to proper safe handling procedures.
- Personal protective equipment is to be used where required.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least one year of filling and packaging line operations preferred.
- Experience working on a food/beverage/pharmaceutical packaging line.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enjoys working in a production environment that employs continuous process improvement to produce products of exceptional quality.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail required.
- Capable of standing, walking, bending, and crouching for an entire shift with occasional manipulation of items weighing in excess of 50lbs.
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation practices.
- Having reliable transportation to commute to our location in Carlsbad, CA.
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour