The position of a Maintenance Manager is of great significance in any organization as they are responsible for the entire upkeep and maintenance of a facility. Individuals in such roles also require executing their administrative and organizational skills for ensuring that all maintenance activities are seamlessly completed. Maintenance managers are largely accountable for uphold the quality and standards of the organization.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Initiate, implement, and manage plant maintenance program
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, problem solves towards improving plant operations
- Actively monitor operation of plant equipment and systems
- Motivate, train and equip employees for coaching and development
- Help manage capital projects and address regulatory requirements as related to capex and maintenance
- Ensuring the proper working of all electrical units and systems in the facility.
- Leading a team of subordinates and delegating work areas to them.
- Keeping a record of all the day-to-day maintenance and service activities undertaken in a facility.
- Development of Documentation – LO/TO, Standardized Work, Preventative Maintenance
- Complying with all corporate policies and the Occupational Safety and health administration rules (OSHA)
- Placing orders for spare parts and the proper documentation of the same.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Synchronizing work processes with other departments of the establishment.
- Recruiting maintenance personnel.
- Maintain GFSI BRC programs related to capex and maintenance
- Other job related activities as requested
- The ability to effectively manage time and lead a team of subordinates.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work under a time restraint
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service oriented to serve internal customers and work with external contractors.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and data entry using company software.
- Ability to maintain confidential company information in the strictest of confidence
- Minimum High School diploma or a GED. Prefer degree or certificate from a certified college.
- Proven Leadership experience of 5+ years with related training preferred
- 7+ years of experience in industrial machine maintenance required, specific experience in a food manufacturing plant