The Plant Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the activities of the production facility as well as the documentation of the entire facility. The Plant Manager is responsible for the performance of all Production Departments including QA/QC, Facility, Production, Warehouse, HR, and Administrative. This position must ensure that all HACCP standards and company standards are met and that the entire production staff stays in compliance with these policies and procedures.
- Support and oversee the administration of all quality and food safety programs
- Review and approve the implementation of manufacturing and organizational plans that support the Operations Master plan. Fiscal responsibility for the the plant.
- Direct, develop, manage and update all quality programs as necessary to comply with customer regulatory and company standards (Quality Programs include Vendor Certification, Incoming Good Inspection, Sanitation, HACCP, Pest control, GMPs, Noncompliance/Hold)
- Support, implement, monitor and update all Quality, Process, and Sanitation SOPs
- Assist with the hiring and terminations of QA/QC and Production Supervisors
- Train and develop all QA/QC and Production Supervisors
- Ensure the facility is always inspection-ready through daily preparation of all documents
- Observe employees during production to ensure that all FDA regulations are met and the HACCP plan is followed
- Observe employees during production to ensure that all sanitation and safety measures are met
- Direct, monitor, and appraise the performance of employees immediately reporting and provide the necessary coordination between activities
- Keep employees informed as to company and department plans and progress
- Communicate and work well with all departments within the company
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed
- Traveling as needed
- Other job related activities as requested
- Must have exceptional organization and planning skills
- B.S. in Food Science or other related field
- At least 5 + years of experience in the Food Industry in a Production, QA/QC capacity with in- depth knowledge of HACCP and other food safety requirements such as BRC, SQF, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little supervision
- Proficient in English, both in verbal and written word
- Ability to communicate well with staff
- Ability to maintain confidential company information in the strictest of confidence
- Employees are required, upon hire, to fill out necessary paperwork and confidentiality agreements. EMPLOYEES WILL NOT BE GIVEn WORK SHIFTS UNTIL ALL PAPERWORK HAS BEEN FILLED OUT AND PROPER DOCUMENTATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
- the above points should not be considered an all-inclusive description of the job. Employee(s) may be asked to perform other duties when needed, during times of co-workers’ absence, or to balance workload(S).