The Vice President of Sales position is responsible for establishing sales targets to meet the company objectives, and leading all sales related activities throughout the company. This position will also be a part of the executive management team. Responsible for developing strategic sales plans and objectives for our internal sales team and broker network that results in increased sales for the company. This position supports the company’s mission to be the leader in the US Coffee Industry, representing the only US Origin Coffee source, Kona, Hawaii.
- Develops annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives.
- Personally call on National Grocery, Natural
- Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with VP of marketing.
- Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Implements approved distribution strategies.
- Manages multiple channel selling strategies.
- Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with company CEO to develop go to market pricing and promotion strategies, using data to provide insights on beverage product opportunities and possible marketing strategies
- Responsible for setting appointments/meetings with major national retailers and presenting new beverage product opportunities
- Successfully maintain national key accounts and continue to develop new business relationships in a timely manner and within budget
- Responsible for timely reporting of project(s) status and accounts progress against targets to Sr. Management and Board of Directors
- Manage assigned projects to ensure successful completion of business initiatives and key objectives
- Develop scalable growth in business by utilizing innovative marketing and sales strategies
- Leads by example, supports, coaches and develops team member(s) to ensure overall success
- Ability to work with a great level of autonomy
- Superior multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to re-prioritize and adapt to clients’ changing needs
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and highly innovative business
- Strong leadership and influencing skills to drive positive decisions
- Ability to thrive during times of tremendous change and growth
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in account management in the beverage industry
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Marketing
PREFERRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- The ideal candidate should have current working relationships and complete understanding of US-based national grocers, mass merchandisers and national drug stores, including Target, Walmart, Walgreens, Kroger, Albertsons/Safeway Division offices
- Nationwide travel up to 50%
- Fast paced and highly dynamic work environment
- Fluid work structure mostly dictated by clients’ changing priorities
KonaRed is based in Carlsbad, CA. This is a great place to live and work due to its great weather and diverse communities.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Results Driven.
- Customer Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position is directly responsible for leading managers of the division and the broker network
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Job Type: Full-time